As the IT support technician, you will provide enthusiastic and skilled 1st/2nd line support to a small number of colleagues at our head office, and be responsible for projects relating to desktop clients, mobile devices, and managed print in a Microsoft environment. The role also offers excellent opportunities for skills development and training through involvement with digital transformation and critical infrastructure projects (such as Office 365 or new VMWare/SAN deployment).
What we’re looking for:
A genuine passion for technology and its practical application. You will be keen to learn and keen to share knowledge and help others. You’ll also need
- · Great user-level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- · Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7-10 setup and administration in an AD environment
- · Experience of desktop hardware and mobile client device troubleshooting
- · Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills, backed with a high standard of written and verbal communication.
Some experience of desktop support in a commercial or managed service desk role is desirable, as is exposure to any of the following: Active Directory administration, Group Policy and PowerShell, Office 365 (Exchange Online, Skype for Business and OneDrive), Windows Server administration, Exchange Server administration, Virtualisation using VMWare and networked storage, Basic layer 2 networking / Cisco IOS configuration.
IT Support Technician Responsibilities
- · Provide 1st & 2nd line technical support to colleagues face-to-face, and via email and phone; act as primary contact for all hardware, software and other IT-related issues.
- · Help users to work more efficiently with MS Office and other common apps by sharing knowledge, tips and tricks; create user-friendly documentation, tip sheets and training material.
- · Build, install and configure PCs and mobile devices; manage networked printers and key supplier relationships.
- · Work with the IT Systems Admin with AD administration our Windows Server/VMWare estate
The role is primarily based in Hessle, a few miles west of Hull city centre, but will require visits to our subsidiary businesses both in the Hull area and further afield. A driving licence is required.
Willam Jackson Food Group is a successful sixth-generation family business that employs more than 2,000 people nationwide. We’re always looking for really talented people who enjoy life, love their work and want to be part of something exciting. We look after and respect our people, and always encourage them get the most out of their career with us, whether by progressing in a single business or through new opportunities across the Group.