Salary: Volunteer position
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 December 2017
Our volunteers are essential to the work of the hospice.
Whatever capacity you choose to volunteer in, your help will allow us to continue to deliver our services to people with life-limiting illnesses and support families in Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire.
If you have a few hours to spare whether short or long term, on a regular or irregular basis, we'll have a vacancy for you:
- Patient Transport Driver do you have a full UK drivers licence and some time to spare? we need people that can drive our vehicles to transport service users to and from the hospice day therapy unit.
- Dulcie's Community Café to serve customers with food and beverages, maintaining a high level of customer service
- Maintenance to support the Caretakers with general maintenance duties at the main hospice site in Hull
- Gardening assisting with gardening duties at the main hospice site in Hull, possible to assist with general weed control/clearance at various shop sites when needed
- Housekeeping assisting with domestic duties at the main hospice site in Hull
- Retail Shops If you are interested in volunteering in one of our 35 shops, please complete the retail application form and simply hand this into your nearest Dove House Hospice shop and the Shop Manager or Assistant Shop Manager will discuss what opportunities they have available with you
- Fundraising Events to support the Fundraising team at events including stewarding, bucket collectors, selling raffle tickets, assisting with auctions, hosting a stall
- Cash Box Collector using the departments vehicle to collect cash boxes that have been filled
- Lottery Telephonist to assist the Lottery team with outbound courtesy calls to our lottery members
- Lottery Driver to assist the Lottery sales team by using the department vehicle to collect cash from our scratch card sale points
- Lottery Events to assist the Lottery Sales Team at events throughout Hull and East Yorkshire by selling raffle draw tickets, scratch cards and promoting the Dove House Lottery
*we have 35 shops throughout Hull and East Yorkshire, please click here to find your nearest shop
- Ebay Assistant to photograph items and upload onto the Dove House eBay site, assisting with feedback, packing, posting and any issues, it is important to have a good working knowledge of computers and more importantly, people who use eBay and/or have knowledge of or an interest in collectables, antiques, vintage clothing, vintage toys etc
- Warehouse Driver to transport donations and make collections/deliveries within Hull and the surrounding areas. Drivers must hold a full UK licence and be over the age of 25
- Warehouse Drivers Mate to assist our team of drivers with collections and deliveries
- Warehouse Sorter to sort through donations that are received into our Warehouse includes books, DVDs, clothing, furniture etc
- Trading Company Picker/Packer to select items of stock and prepare it for delivery to our shops. Tis vacancy is for Monday, Wednesday, Friday 13:00 until 15:00
- Clerical Support (Retail) to assist with a variety of admin tasks such as data inputting, laminating, copying, shredding etc. This vacancy is for Fridays
- Transport Office Assistant to assist a very busy Transport team dealing with members of the public to arrange collections and deliveries of stock, liaising with the drivers and Warehouse Manager. This vacancy is for weekdays 10:00 until 15:00
- Receptionists to offer a warm welcome to visitors at the main hospice site on Chamberlain Road. Dealing with members of the public via telephone and face to face, greeting patients and family members and directing guests.
- Clerical Support (Volunteer Department) to support the Volunteer Coordinator with recruitment events, processing volunteer applications, sending out applications forms as requested and general office duties,PLEASE NOTE:
If you would like further information about volunteering with Dove House Hospice, please contact:
Volunteer Department, Dove House Hospice, Chamberlain Road, Hull HU8 8DH
tel: (01482) 785747/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org