The role also requires knowledge of conducting basic energy audits and development of small capital projects (however training will be given). This role will work with the Assistant Sustainability Manager to conduct detailed analysis on individual buildings and energy audits.
The role offers the opportunity to expand and develop knowledge and skills in this key growth area.
• Meter Readings – input and collection
• Invoice validation resulting in cost avoidance or recovery
• Identification of usage anomalies
• Research, design and deliver small capital projects
• Utilities Recharges by the monthly deadline
• Database management
• Generate reports and usage data as requested
• Carbon reduction commitment (CRC) & European Union Emission Trading Scheme (EUETS) reporting
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of Microsoft Office particularly Excel
• Good numeracy skills
• Good analytical skills
• Experience of energy and carbon management
• Previous experience of working with energy suppliers
• To have an understanding of Financial Standing Orders/Instructions and budgetary control.
• Influencing and negotiating skills.
• Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Demonstrate effective inter personal and social skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and via reports, letters, etc.
• Broad knowledge of sustainability issues at a local level.
• Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.