Salary: £17-20k dependent upon training/experience
Closing Date: Friday, 31 January 2020
Marketing Humber is a powerful network of businesses, our Bondholders, dedicated to the promotion of the Humber region. These companies range from major multi-nationals to start-ups and fast-growing entrepreneurial businesses who have committed to being ambassadors and help the Humber region compete for inward investment.
In the next two years the Humber, the UK’s Energy Estuary, will continue to be firmly in the spotlight, as many investments come to fruition and we develop our position as a demonstrator for a net-zero carbon economy. It is a crucial time for Marketing Humber to maximise opportunities that lie ahead and contribute to the Industrial Strategy for decarbonisation in our region. By developing the profile and reputation of the Humber amongst key audiences, we can help the region attract further investment and attract and retain talent to create a thriving environment for our businesses to operate.
You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver marketing communications in a challenging and fast-moving environment, making strong contributions to support our work to promote the Humber on the national and international stage.
• You will support the online presence for Marketing Humber keeping news just a click away from an investor looking to bring jobs to the region, as well as keeping the leaders and employees of the Humber informed of new developments.
• You will support our full programme of activities, events and campaigns on a regional, national and international level, helping to develop event briefs, organise venues, equipment and speakers; helping to run events for audiences of all sizes
• You will be required to develop websites, working with external agencies to keep them innovative, creative and user friendly. This goes hand in hand with the maintenance of information daily, posting news and creating case studies
• You will be responsible for the upkeep and integration of our membership database, and support team and office administration, ensuring we can keep up to date with our Bondholders’ activities
• You will provide research support for companies, contacts and marketing opportunities
• Integrated communications will be at the heart of everything you do. From online to print, from creating displays to running social media campaigns, you will promote the opportunities of the Humber through all marketing channels
• You will be an ambassador for the Humber and represent our company at events and meetings
• We’re a tight-knit team, which does give the opportunity to get involved in a little of everything from communications, marketing, to running events
What we’re looking for in you:
• Energy and drive, with a proactive approach to work
• Creative thinking and a can-do attitude
• High standards of delivery and a completer/finisher when it comes to projects
• Passion to be an ambassador for the Humber and the businesses, both great and small, that are the backbone of our economy and future
• qualifications/experience in a relevant discipline (e.g. marketing/media/digital design/business/administration)
• working with both traditional and digital marketing
• copywriting skills to deliver engaging and impactful communications, from print to websites, email communications, event promotion to 280-character tweets
• working with databases and management systems
• working with a wide range of media platforms (twitter, linkedIn, facebook, Instagram)
• working within a client-facing environment
• confidence to host a business community at events
• Driving license and access to a vehicle is very helpful
• Ability to work flexibly to provide support for events; some early morning and late evening work is occasionally required.
In return, Marketing Humber will offer:
• Competitive salary
• 25 Days Annual Leave plus bank holidays
• Contributory Pension
• Training to enhance your career
If you are interested, please send your CV, a cover letter and salary expectations to Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org by Jan 31st.