Closing Date: Wednesday, 30 August 2017
Reports to the Outcome Manager
Based in Hull you will be expected to deliver our products on customer sites across the UK and occasionally internationally which will mean your working week will be away from home.
1. Install, commission and test mission critical solutions.
2. Physical build of racks and hardware interconnection, e.g. servers, un-interrupted power supplies, terminal servers, hubs, switches, routers, CCTV matrix switches, etc.
3. Carry out site surveys and subsequently produce accurate and detailed site survey documentation equipment builds and cabling of customer workstations, including interconnection and termination of ancillary hardware.
4. Building, ghosting and installation of workstation and server PCs.
5. Functionality testing of individual operator workstations and servers.
6. Fault finding and subsequent rectification of workstation faults.
7. Perform PC maintenance including BIOS and system memory upgrades, installation of expansion cards, e.g. CCTV cards, serial convertors, graphics and sound cards.
8. Assist with and lead where appropriate, the investigation of issues and bugs.
9. Facilitate acceptance testing and take system into live operation.
10. Production of accurate technical records, including cable schedules and equipment drawings.
11. Production of handover documentation for support team and participation in handover presentations.
12. Liaise with customers, third party engineers, suppliers and sub-contractors as required.
13. Work closely with Project Management in order to coordinate tasks to meet project requirements and project delivery deadlines.
14. Liaise with internal test personnel concerning software updates and releases in relation to projects.
15. Connection of TCP/IP networks utilising customers structured cabling environments & connection of system circuits utilising CAT5 / CAT6 and/or CW1308 multi-core cables.
16. Termination of CW1308 cables onto IDC connectors and associated hardware as required.
17. Making up of CAT5 /6 cables and patch leads.
18. Testing, diagnosing and resolving of on-site cabling faults and issues.
19. Any other reasonable duties as requested by management to maintain the effective and efficient running of the department, our relationship with our customers and APD in general.
Here at APD we employ Geeks with Goals. We’re looking for someone with passion for what they do. Someone who’s independent, driven and self-motivated with a flexible attitude and committed to contributing to APD’s growth.