Closing Date: Monday, 20 August 2018
To analyse, design, develop and test software components. To take technical and supervisory responsibility for development activities within a specific functional area.
Line Management as per the Organisation Chart and to take technical direction from a Lead Engineer.
1. Providing technical leadership, guidance and supervision to Engineers within a specific functional area.
2. Analysing requirements and assisting in the production of functional designs.
3. Working from functional specifications and work packages to produce software architecture designs.
4. Producing detailed designs of software modules or programs.
5. Coding of individual software modules or programs.
6. Performing software testing at component, integration or system levels.
7. Taking part in reviews of software items at all stages of development.
8. All of the above must be carried out to agreed deadlines and timescales
9. Producing design documentation and build records for software products.
10. Exploring and recommending new technologies to deliver functional enhancements and ensure future capabilities of the product.
11. Working closely with colleagues to share expertise and find creative solutions to technical problems.
12. Highlighting deficiencies in or improvements to company procedures and standards to improve efficiency of operation.
13. Give all necessary assistance to the Operations and Support sections in the investigation and solving of customer problems which, in general, will be a high priority but always as directed by the Development Manager.
14. Interface with others departments as appropriate to ensure the smooth running of the Development department.
15. Review own training and procedural knowledge in conjunction with the Lead Engineer
16. To work off site at customer/ supplier premises as and when necessary, presenting a professional image of the company at all times by being smart, polite, punctual and positive in all aspects.
17. To ensure that processes and procedures for the Development department are implemented.
18. To adhere to Company confidentiality clauses, ensuring that any business relating to APD is not made available to any competitor, manufacturer or any other party.
19. Awareness and adherence to health and safety regulations and APD Quality Procedures.
20. Any reasonable work-related duties requested by the Management Team.