Closing Date: Wednesday, 13 November 2019
The Role… This vacancy is within the DFDS Logistics operation based out of Immingham. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Control Tower Operator to join our team in Immingham. The main responsibility will be to control a newly awarded contract from door to door. You must maintain a constant state of readiness in your work approach. A customer order could come on at any time and there is a very small window to find a solution and put your solution into motion.
• Meticulous monitoring of consignments from collection through to delivery to ensure full visibility is maintained of the cargo’s whereabouts.
• No fail approach to finding transport solutions bespoke to every consignment.
• A varied approach to your day is a must as you could be working in multiple areas of the business when required.
• Ensure contract compliance is maintained
Skills & Experience
• Strong IT skills will be required
• Excellent communication skills are a must as you are interacting with drivers, suppliers, internal colleagues and customers.
• Proven experience within a transport/logistics environment essential
• Skilled use of Office software packages
• Ability to work independently and as a team
Hours of work
• 4 on 4 off Days/Nights (06.00-18.00 / 18.00-06.00)
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups and be part of a successful, forwarding thinking team. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested? If you have exceptional logistics, operations and strategic capabilities, with a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV and application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible as we will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis.