Closing Date: Sunday, 27 October 2019
Location - Immingham
Who are we… At DFDS people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents, provide challenge and opportunity for personal development. We also make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building one of Northern Europe’s largest shipping and logistics companies.
The Role…..Our Equipment and Asset Management Team based in Immingham are in search of an Equipment Controller to join their team to help them with the essential task of the planning and control of cargo carrying and securing equipment around our group network, while maintaining the highest standards of safety, efficiency and service.
Monday – Friday, 40 Hours per week.
• Perform regular analysis of fleet deployment in line with the forecasted needs of the business, adjusting accordingly.
• You will coordinate transfer of equipment, ancillary items and spare parts between terminals, vessels, workshops and third parties globally.
• You should actively monitor and coordinate damage repair and maintenance cycles for equipment, procuring the necessary spare parts to ensure the workshops are resourced for these works.
• Identify and discuss with Management any operational peaks where equipment may not be immediately available. Give advice on equipment types and suitability to the business requirements.
• Support the quoting and planning of High & Heavy cargo types. Coordinate activities of the Administration function as necessary to enable accurate processing of invoices. A working knowledge of Phoenix, GTMS and Sertica systems would be advantageous
• Problem solver and able to resolve any issues and identify any potential problems that may arise.
• Be able to refer to sailing schedules and be able to prioritise the work towards the correct berths and vessels.
• Excellent communication skills; to be able to communicate with operational departments, sales and agency offices, central functions and vessel crew across the DFDS network.
What we do for you… We offer you an interesting workplace and a key role in a growing international company. You will get to work with many different professional groups. For the right candidate there will be great opportunities for professional growth.
Interested… If you have previous similar experience and a passion and drive for success in a fast-paced deadline driven environment please submit your CV in English to email@example.com to apply for this position. Please be aware we will review CVs as they come in.