Salary: £23,836 per annum
Closing Date: Monday, 3 August 2020
You will support the development and implementation of a strategic approach and deployment plan for digital communications. Supporting the wider corporate communications team and council to review and analyse digital communications to ensure the teams internal clients success and objectives are achieved
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is looking for an experienced digital communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills who is able to create engaging content.
You'll have proven experience of analysing service needs and developing effective campaigns to achieve objectives is desired. With strong analytical skills to ensure accurate reporting, we need you to have successfully implemented or managed digital communications including social media and related projects.
1. Responsible for social media account management, including the creation of engaging and creative content for corporate and service area accounts.
2. Create and run social media campaigns across multiple channels both organic and paid for to achieve meaningful results.
3. Assist in the management and delivery of the council’s corporate bulk email system working with services to create content.
4. Assist in the delivery of the council’s corporate digital signage initiative which provides information to non- office based staff and customers.
5. Use design and video editing software to create visual content for a range of digital communications including email, social media and digital signage.
6. Support digital communications across the council to realise the benefits of having more residents and businesses connected and transacting with Council services online, thus reducing the costs of face to face and telephone contact.
7. Review, analyse and measure outcomes and improvements to deliver the requirements of strategic digital communications objectives.
8. Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new digital solutions and initiatives.
9. Use the council’s customer intelligence and customer insight data to target specific campaigns to relevant audiences.
10. Provide evaluation and data analysis of performance of digital communications activity to inform service delivery.
11. Work across a number of service areas to develop creative approaches to ensure effective digital communications and engagement.
12. Develop and implement a range of projects to support digital transformation and moving customers online.
13. Work with services to set clear goals and objectives for digital communications activity. Provide training and advice to ensure the best approach and results are achieved.
14. In your role you are required to speak English with sufficient fluency to effectively perform your duties, as required by Section 77-84 of the Immigration Act 2016
The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.