Closing Date: Monday, 5 March 2018
Competitive | Hull | 37.5 hours
Title: Building Services Engineer
Location: Hull Venue
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
To manage the planned and reactive maintenance programme of the building, while taking responsibility for all aspects of the care and maintenance of the building and the plant.
• To lead, carry out, coordinate, plan and procure preventative maintenance works safely on all building systems including but not limited to HVAC, general and emergency lighting, power distribution and emergency generation, boilers, heat pumps and chillers, control systems, communications systems, access control, CCTV and domestic hot and cold water systems.
• Ensure all works are carried out within agreed and contracted time scales.
• Provide local knowledge and supervision of external sub-contract maintenance works including supervision of site visits to ensure works are carried out safely and minimise the impact on the core business
• Ensure a high standard of Health and Safety is met at all times (including environment and safe systems of work policies).
• Work with the technical team during load in, fit up, get out and turn arounds.
• Ensure the Building Management System (BMS) is operating correctly and efficiently, and for the requirements of the building and its planned activities and is using the most recent and active updates.
• Maintain excellent relationships with internal departments and Local Authority Representatives (where required).
• Must be able to carry out electrical maintenance and installation work efficiently and in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IET Wiring Regulations for the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
• Assist with the maintenance and utility budget forecasting.
• Any other reasonable tasks as instructed by the company.
Knowledge and Qualifications :
• Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation, guidelines and best practice.
• Working knowledge outside of core skills (Mechanical/Electrical).
• Minimum of three years working in a similar role.
• IT literate.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Initiative and enthusiasm.
• Good planning and organisational skills.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Experience of working on maintenance of LV Electrical Distribution Systems, UPS Systems, General and External Lighting, Fire Alarms and CCTV / Door Entry Systems.
• Experience of Heating, Water, Power, CHP and AHU would be an advantage.
The successful applicant:
• Must have been a registered Apprentice or undergone some equivalent method of training and have had practical training in electrical installation work. (a minimum of 2 years but usually between 3 and 5 years dependant on the industry)
• Must have obtained a Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation Buildings & Structures) or the Level 3 NVQ diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (buildings, structures and the environment) (or approved equivalent) (see Note 1).
• Must have obtained the Level 3 technical certificate relevant to the NVQ either as part of the NVQ diploma or as a separate qualification (such as the City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (or approved equivalent).
If the applicant meets the other two criteria but has not achieved a Level 3 NVQ in electrical installation, then a “Provisional” grading may be awarded if the following criteria are both satisfied:
Have obtained the Level 3 technical certificate relevant to the NVQ either as unit accreditation to the NVQ Diploma or as a separate qualification (such as the City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 Certificate in Electrotechnical Technology (or approved equivalent)).
Have obtained Achievement Measurement 2.
Dependant on when the individual qualified there are equivalent City & Guilds (2360) or BTECH (ONC) qualifications that are acceptable.
The requirements of the business are such that a high degree of flexibility is necessary and therefore some evening and weekend work will be required. Additionally, there will be occasions where the Building Services Engineer will be required to work at other venues operated by SMG.
Submit your completed forms to email@example.com.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be required to provide original identification.
Closing date: 05 Mar 2018