Salary: Salary from £20,904 dependant on experience
Closing Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Yorkshire Water Customer Field Services is embarking on an exciting programme to transform our customers experience and to achieve Upper Quartile performance. For CFS this means being in the top 3 for the least pollutions and in the top 3 for the least internal flooding escapes in our customers’ homes. We are investing heavily to achieve our goals, simplifying our processes and our ways of working to ensure we can fix customers problems first time or at least in the same day wherever possible.
To help deliver this we are looking for more people who live in the South and East Yorkshire areas to join us.
Salary and Benefits: Starting from £20,904 per annum dependent on experience + company vehicle + pension + performance bonus + 25 days holiday + training & development opportunities in line with the Waste Operational Jetting Technician progression plan.
We have roles based in South and East Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster, York and Hull, depending on where you live will determine the areas you will cover.
You will be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore; you will need a full valid EU driving licence.
Once fully trained in the role you will need to take part in an out of hour’s standby rota, therefore flexibility is an essential requirement of this role.
What will the role involve?
A field-based technician within a geographical team working to improve customer service and sewer performance; You will be responsible for ensuring a first-time fix solution for customers and the environment whilst ensuring quality follow on work is raised in accordance with our standards and specifications. Delivering a “first time fix” / same day solution to customer and environmental problems and to deliver the asset plan for network maintenance to eliminate escapes
As a Waste Jetting Technician, you will be responsible for the safe operation of the jetting vehicle (jet van) in line with national standards and codes of practice for the safe working and use and of water jetting in drains and sewers. You will always ensure the correct site set up is in place and risk assessments are completed prior to work commencing.
To safely proactively and reactively maintain the sewerage system to promote and implement solutions which resolve and/or prevent a sewage escape (flooding and pollution) from occurring from the waste water network and to ensure no repeats take place. You will be required to work closely with other Yorkshire Water teams and our contracted partners on site to resolve and manage operational issues on the sewer network.
You will undertake thorough and timely investigations on our sewerage system to resolve issues and prevent repeat customer contacts and support other operational teams with investigations into sewer asset problems. You will need to be able to utilise IT systems to collate information and relay feedback including plans and photographs.
- You will be operating a high pressured jetting vehicle and carrying out a range of manual handling duties including heavy lifting of manhole covers and operating heavy equipment involving high pressure water jetting systems and sewer cameras. Therefore, a strong health & safety background and be competent in the use of IT systems and the ability to be pro-active and take ownership of issues is an essential requirement for this role.
- Previous experience in a customer service related role with face to face communication with customers is essential.
- You will have the ability to think through problems and work with others to solve them, finding faults and diagnosing the root cause of an issue.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as you will need to capture, evidence and feedback information. You will also need to be able to influence outcomes and make decisions.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable liaising with operational teams, customers and stakeholders.
- It would be advantageous if you have previous jet van operation experience or experience driving liquid loads with the appropriate accreditation and a basic understanding of the sewer network although full training will be provided. This includes high pressure jetting training, confined space & NRASWA.
- You will be required to travel to different operational sites across the region therefore; you will need a full valid EU driving licence
- You will have a flexible attitude to your work as you will be working a variety of rotas in the role to cover our working window.
What's in it for you?
Career enhancement and development, colleague well-being and a genuinely positive work experience for all are key priorities. We are continuously evolving and improving our ways of working and you will support us in achieving our vision of 'taking responsibility for the water environment for good'.
If you feel this opportunity is suitable and you match the skills required, then please apply on-line and complete the application process and submitting your CV with a covering letter, outlining your key reasons for applying for the role.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 31st July 2019
Company Information –
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.
Following a review of the confidentiality requirements associated with operating in the retail sector, we regret to advise that secondment or fixed term vacancies in Yorkshire Water, Loop and Kelda Group are not open to colleagues of Three Sixty. These confidentiality requirements also mean secondment or fixed term vacancies in Three Sixty are not open to colleagues of Yorkshire Water, Loop and Kelda Group.
To apply please use the button below and attach your cv and a covering letter.