Closing Date: Saturday, 30 May 2020
• To ensure effective curriculum coverage, using appropriate teaching and learning methods
• To prepare lessons thoroughly and regularly review the content, presentation and relevance of these
• To monitor and evaluate the progress of pupils’ learning in the subject
• To follow school departmental policies for the assessing, recording and reporting of pupil achievement using these to set ambitious targets for further improvement in the subject across the range of abilities
• To create and maintain a stimulating learning environment for Economics and to have a significant input into the development of Economics teaching in the school.
• To ensure levels of discipline conducive to learning.
• Ensuring that appropriate and accurate records are kept
• Assistance with all departmental records, pupil assessment schemes, examination entries. Making these records available to the Headmistress and others as appropriate
• Responsibility for rooms and equipment and for compliance with all Health and Safety regulations.
• Teach, lead and inspire young people; to be an excellent practitioner both inside and outside the classroom
• Assist with development of strong links with university Economics Departments and schools within United Learning
• Help with school trips and tours
• To look for opportunities to initiate or assist the school in its provision of extra- curricular activities.