Closing Date: Monday, 7 December 2020
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 7 December, interviews will be held on Thursday 10 December.
Responsible to: The Head of English and the Headmistress
• To teach English to pupils across the 11-18 age range and demonstrate excellent subject knowledge
• To ensure effective curriculum coverage, using appropriate teaching and learning methods
• To prepare lessons thoroughly and review the content, presentation and relevance of these in consultation with the Head of English
• To monitor and evaluate the progress of pupils’ learning in the subject
• To actively research, present and implement teaching and learning strategies across the department in order to ensure that all practice is innovative, impactful and engaging
• To follow school departmental policies for the assessing, recording and reporting of pupil achievement using these to set achievable targets for further improvement in the subject across the range of abilities
• To create and maintain a stimulating learning environment for the learning of English and to have a significant input into the development of English teaching in the school.
• To ensure levels of discipline conducive to learning
• To work as part of a team in the teaching organisation and administration of the department
• To liaise with the Prep School on matters of curriculum, development and transition to Senior School.
• Ensuring that appropriate and accurate records are kept
• Assistance with all departmental records, pupil assessment schemes, examination entries. Making these records available to the Head of English and others as appropriate
• Responsibility, along with other department members, for rooms and equipment and for compliance with all Health and Safety regulations
• Liaison with other members of department in matters of organisation, administration and logistics.
• Teach, lead and inspire young people; to be a good practitioner both inside and outside the classroom
• Assist with development of strong links with other United Learning schools/academies
• To liaise with the Head of English to devise whole-school strategies and opportunities for student leadership and development.
• To establish, foster and sustain relationships with external organisations to enable students to see the relevance of English in business and academic spheres beyond school.
• Help with school trips and tours
• To look for opportunities to initiate or assist the school in its provision of extra- curricular activities.