You will provide effective marketing and communications material with distinct designs that set us apart from the rest. Providing creative support to key projects across business functions, you will understand different audiences in order to tailor design accordingly.
This is a permanent role to be worked part-time, across 3 or 4 days per week.
Key responsibilities include:
· Manage, plan and co-ordinate all design projects for Jacksons from leaflets and brochures to digital graphics
· Work cross-functionally to understand departmental requirements, from HR to Health & Safety campaigns, and create materials in support of them
· Transform information into innovative, engaging and easily understood forms of communication
· Design digital creative including video and animation content for use in email, our website and social media platforms
· Close collaboration with our Commercial team, creating supplements around insights and trends
· Support the development of our brand plan for Jackson's Yorkshire's Champion with engaging marketing material
· Maintain and develop a central resource library, ensuring work is accessible to the wider team
· Continually seek new ideas to ensure the creativity of Jacksons is constantly evolving and developing
Ideally, you will be educated to degree level within a relevant discipline and have demonstrable experience within graphic design and communications. You will have excellent computer skills with experience of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and have an understanding of typography, layout and animation.
Given the cross-functional nature of the role, you will be extremely personable with a great sense of humour, a real people person, being able to communicate at all levels.
You will be highly creative, organised and have outstanding attention to detail. Photography skills would be advantageous, as would experience within a consumer-facing brand, though this is not essential.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.