Salary: Competitive + excellent benefits
Closing Date: Friday, 3 May 2019
Competitive + excelllent benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- E Riding of Yorkshire -- Hull
05 April 2019
03 May 2019 23:59
Engineering Controller, Hull
At Jacksons, we make Great Bread and deliver Great Service, but to do that we need Great People!
A brilliant opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager to join us in this integral role.
As a key colleague in our Leadership Team, you will need to have a commercial awareness of product profitability and the impact of decisions in order to drive a culture of excellence and make Jacksons an even greater place to work.
Providing effective leadership, management and direction to your team, you will deliver high quality service to support our fast-paced manufacturing facility, ensuring the health, safety and welfare of yourself and our colleagues are maintained.
· Day to day responsibility for the Engineering function, including direct line management of five colleagues.
· Set standards, organise procedures and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement.
· Develop and implement projects agreed with the Senior Leadership Team.
· Plan, prepare and manage the maintenance budget to deliver the agreed levels of plant performance, cost effectively.
· Organise and implement preventative maintenance to achieve target plant availabilities and monitor compliance with statutory and company requirements.
· Place Health and Safety at the forefront of all actions, making the site a leader in exemplary H&S behaviour and performance.
· Plan and control maintenance utilities to ensure agreed availability and efficiency improvements within budgeted cost.
· Work with our finance and commercial team to provide accurate costs to produce and future cost modelling in line with our plans for growth.
· Organise and implement capital projects from feasibility to successful commissioning to agreed timescales and costs.
Having worked at a similar level previously with accountability for the full engineering remit, you will have experience in leading and developing site operations and will be able to influence and build effective working relationships across all levels.
With the ability to handle multiple projects and coordinate cross functionally, you will have excellent communication and organisation skills and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Ideally, you will have experience from the food manufacturing, or similar FMCG, industry and be ready to take your career to the next level within a challenging but rewarding environment.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.