Salary: Competitive + benefits
Closing Date: Friday, 20 July 2018
Competitive + benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- E Riding of Yorkshire -- Hull
28 June 2018
20 Jul 2018 23:59
This brand new role is crucial in the development of our business and is a brilliant opportunity to be part of a day based Engineering team, providing support to focussed improvement and asset care initiatives.
You’ll make a real difference with a primary focus on root cause analysis, identifying true causes of failure and implementing sustaining actions.
This is an exciting and ambitious time here at Jacksons, and you can contribute to our continued growth and success.
• Systematically reviewing performance, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve equipment reliability and efficiency using engineering strategy principles and tools
• Drive repeat breakdowns to zero through completion of root cause analysis
• Ensure appropriate risk assessments and safe systems are in place and followed accordingly
• Fulfil individual health and safety responsibilities and promote compliance with Jacksons colleagues and our contractors.
• Perform maintenance activities so that assets meet agreed production performance measures
• Investigate where solutions can be replicated across machinery
• Influence other departments where root cause actions can be resolved by them
You will have previous practical engineering experience within a food manufacturing environment, supported by a degree or equivalent level qualification from a relevant discipline.
You are a practical problem solver, eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges and may be working towards professional registration.
You will also have excellent communication skills, being able to collaborate effectively across various functions with a strong attention to detail.
Flexibility is key in this role with occasional shift cover required to support the maintenance team.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people.
We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We're building a brand-new site in Northamptonshire, one of the largest investments our Group has ever made, and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2018 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.