Reporting to the Change & Projects Manager, you will be responsible for driving continuous improvement by harnessing technology and unlocking both data and digital transformation.
We are looking for individuals whose experience lies in either web & e-commerce and/or database & business intelligence. You will ensure information and communications technology deployment is fit for purpose, including analysing and interpreting / enhancing existing systems such as websites, ecommerce, BI solutions, ERP and EDI. You will also be responsible for writing and testing new reports, solutions and the development of analytics applications.
Key responsibilities - dependant on experience
- Collaborate with internal and external developers, programmers, business analysts and project managers in conceptualising and delivering new digital / technology solutions and web interfaces
- Support the management and configuration of key enterprise solutions such EDI, CRM, DAM, QAD ERP / EAM and SQL
- Support, test and maintain new web / digital asset interfaces, content and media streams
- Support SEO analysis, design and application
- Enhance data visualisation and business intelligence in web applications such as Qlik and develop new reports and apps using BI / reporting tools such as BOARD, QlikSense and CyberQuery
- Interpret business requirements to design, implement and debug digital and technical BI enablers
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing web and e-commerce solutions, existing reports and BI applications
- Conduct research on emerging web development and BI software approaches, products, analytics tools and standards
- Generate statistics and write reports on the status of digital and e-commerce / technical developments and improvements
Key skills and experience
Experience of business report generation and report generating tools and / or excellent knowledge of web application and e-commerce development methods and best practice is essential.
You will have hands on experience of developing test cases and plans as well as a high level of problem solving and interpretation skills.
Ideally you will have a college diploma or university degree in computer science, information systems or software engineering and / or equivalent experience in integration / asset management interfaces / web & e-commerce admin or interface development, data configuration or analytics.
A certification in modern software, database administration and BI Development techniques as well as knowledge of business technology in a fast moving FMCG environment would be an advantage.
Proudly started in Yorkshire, where William Jackson first opened his original shop in 1851, the William Jackson Food Group is a sixth-generation family business: Aunt Bessie’s, Jackson’s Bakery, MyFresh, Abel & Cole, The Food Doctor, and our pub, The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms. Originating from Yorkshire, Aunt Bessie’s, Jackson’s Bakery and the WJFG group office continue to be based in Hull, with MyFresh being based in Wigan and Bedford, and Abel and Cole in Andover and Wimbledon.
This role is Hull based and Aunt Bessie’s is commutable from North Lincolnshire; Grimsby, Scunthorpe, North Yorkshire; Scarborough, York and West Yorkshire; Leeds.