The role of the Operations Supervisor is to supervise and work within the Hull Operations Department, ensuring that all of ABP’s direct operations and agreed customer requirements are met at all times and in line with accepted safety, environmental, working and quality standards.
To pre-plan all aspects of the operation to include:
- Communication of the plan and milestones in the team brief
- To ensure the plan is delivered on shift, monitoring and achieving the performance targets
- To ensure a comprehensive debrief takes place to report on achievements, lessons learned and new ideas or concepts taken forward onto the next plan
- To be actively involved in analysing and understanding weekly performance targets, actions and reviews and to take ownership of improvement plans and present progress on these plans at the weekly performance review meeting as required
- To ensure all quality and Health and Safety targets and objectives are met, ensuring equipment and environment are working within predefined safety guidelines
- To develop direct links with customers, ensuring customer service and commercial requests are handled, owned and closed within set timelines
- To promote and work to the company core values, ensuring standards are consistently applied amongst the team
- To drive continuous improvement, ensuring understanding and delivery of risk analysis and promote new ways of working
- To be proactive in all aspects of people management to ensure maximum employee engagement
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Port / warehouse industry experience preferred
- Previous man management /experience preferred
- Basic computer literacy
- Good written / verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of vessel / terminal operations
- NVQ L2 Stevedoring
- Current driving licence
- Holder of a current Crane Operators Certificate, Fork Lift Truck and Tug
- Cargo Handling in Ports Certificate
- NEBS Supervisory (Introduction to 1st Line management)
- Control of Contractors
- Previous knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.