Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Closing Date: Thursday, 28 September 2017
As Head of Development you will lead a team of 17 full time Arco employees plus contracting resourcing and various partner organisations.
More specifically, the role also involves:
• Accountable for all Business application solutions, including the creation, implementation and support of solutions through all stages of the software/solutions development lifecycle.
• Introduce TDD, BDD and Dev Ops methodologies.
• To act as a Leader within the Digital Products function and play an active role in the Digital Products Leadership team.
• To create, discuss, validate and present accurate and detailed specifications for proposed solutions with all stakeholders
• To lead the transition to an agile approach to development and champion this across the business.
• To work with PMO to understand demand for Development resource and manage resource (internal and external) to meet that demand.
• To develop solutions using appropriate technologies & configuration tools.
• To take responsibility for ensuring that development is completed to time, cost and quality standards.
• To lead the creation of a Development Centre of Excellence/Academy to ensure a pipeline of development talent within the business.
• Lead the recruitment and development of the existing Development Team by ensuring team members have the necessary training, coaching, including settings of L&D plans and by conducting performance reviews.
To be successful in this role you will need;
• To be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Experience of managing and negotiating 3rd parties
• Experience and knowledge of SAP ECC, and the SAP Hybris Product portfolio (Hybris Commerce, C4C, Hybris Marketing) beneficial
• Strong understanding of the digital product development process, ranging from requirements and idea inception through to development and execution
• A solid foundation and demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycle.
• A good understanding of agile and waterfall project management principles.
• Comfortable moving seamlessly between micro detail of code development and the strategic view of digital strategy
• Experience and knowledge of TDD, BDD, Dev Ops an Agile methodologies.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• excellent pension and life assurance scheme
• bonus scheme
• high street retailer discount scheme
• a bike scheme, through our network of dealers
• health purchase plan
• a computer scheme with great offers, including Apple Macbook Pro, iMac and printers
• 24 days’ annual leave + holiday purchase scheme
• Community Volunteering days – two days’ paid leave annually to volunteer for a project or charity that means the most to you.
Arco is the UK’s leading safety company, with a core purpose to keep people safe at work. We distribute over 170,000 world-class quality assured products and training providing expert advice, helping to shape the safety world and make work a safer place. With a heritage spanning four generations, family values are important to us. We have been awarded the title of ‘Superbrand’ by the annual initiative to identify and celebrate the UK’s strongest consumer and business to business brands in Britain.
Head of Development reference - OLR13417