Closing Date: Thursday, 13 January 2022
This is an exceptional professional opportunity to play a leading role at an exciting time in the development of Tranby. Academic results are improving, numbers are growing and there is an ambitious strategic plan for the School.
The Head of Prep will be an ambitious, engaging and influential individual with proven leadership, management and communication skills, and the commitment and ability to ensure the School continues to deliver its mission and ambitious aims.
The Head of Prep is a member of the Senior Team and will play a central role in both the strategic planning and the ongoing development of the School for the benefit of current and future pupils. Together with the Headmistress, the Head of Prep will lead, motivate and inspire pupils, staff and parents to ensure every pupil in the Prep School is confident in themselves, is respectful of others and is challenged academically and engaged.
The Head of Prep reports to the Headmistress.
Aside from the day-to-day operation of the Prep School, the broad responsibilities of the Head of Prep will be:
• Advising the Headmistress on educational developments
• Leading and managing the prep staff team
• Overseeing the Prep budget, ensuring that there is no overspend and supervising all bids
• Ensuring that every scheme of work, handbook, Action & Development Plan and teaching strategy is regularly reviewed and consistent with whole-school policy and the School Strategic Development Plan
• Effective monitoring and tracking of the academic progress of all Prep pupils to ensure that pupils are achieving to the best of their ability
• Liaising with parents over all matters to do with the Prep School including academic concerns about individual pupils, and meeting parents and pupils as necessary
• Inspection readiness and compliance
• Strategic planning and contribution to the formulation and evaluation of the School Development Plan
• Daily management of Prep staff
• Teaching and co-curricular involvement
• Administrative duties and events
Strategic Leadership and Management
• Day to day leadership and operation of the Prep School
• To make a significant contribution to the production and update of the Whole School Development Plan, SEF and other evaluative and strategic plans and documentation
• Inspection readiness and compliance
People Leadership and Management:
• Ensuring a culture of working together to achieve the highest standards
• Leading on operational Prep teaching staff issues
• Oversight of Prep staff personnel matters
• Oversight of Prep School staff absence
• Oversee staff development in order to ensure a team of outstanding staff who enjoy a high level of job satisfaction
• With the Headmistress, take responsibility for the Performance and Development Review (PDR) of all Prep School teaching staff
Academic Leadership and Management:
• To ensure measures are in place to deliver exceptional educational outcomes for all pupils in the Prep School
• Creating an aspirational and ambitious culture of learning in the Prep School
• Designing and implementing the curriculum in liaison with the AH (curriculum)
• Oversight of enrichment, co and extra-curricular opportunities
Financial and Business Management
• Working closely with the Headmistress and Business Manager to ensure budgets are set and managed
• Implementing Group-wide policies and strategies, including compliance
Links with Community, Business and United Learning
• Developing strong and effective partnerships with parents
• Seek educational partnerships with outside agencies, including schools, businesses, United Learning and other organisations
• Visible involvement at Prep school events
• Participation in events aimed at the recruitment of students
• Oversight of CPD opportunities for Prep School staff
• Oversight of the Prep School calendar
• To teach as required
• Carry out such duties as the Headmistress may reasonably request
Terms of Appointment
A competitive salary will be offered to the successful candidate, commensurate with experience alongside fee remission for any children attending the School
The post-holder will be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children with whom they come into contact. The post-holder must ensure compliance with the School’s Child Protection Policy Statement at all times, this appointment will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply for this role through the United Learning website.
The closing date for applications is noon on Thursday 13 January 2022.
Interview Date: Initial interview Thursday 20 January 2022.
Final Interview w/c 24 January 2022.