Salary: Up to £80k DOE
Closing Date: Friday, 14 August 2020
As a Mechanical and Electrical (M & E) Project Manager you will be responsible for running the whole or part of site (on larger projects), ensuring smooth operation and delivery of high quality M & E systems to budget and within programme.
• Understanding what the client or company wants to achieve
• Agreeing the timescales, costs and resources needed to deliver the project
• Reporting regularly on progress to the client and Maintaining effective communication with stakeholders
• Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with M & E and safety codes, and other regulations
• Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
• Obtain all necessary permits and licenses
• Direct and supervise workers
• Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
• Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
• Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
• Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports
• Develop and implement quality control programs.
• Plan, organise and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems
• Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
• Preparing the final report at the end of a project, mark up ‘as-builts’, input into health and safety and operation and maintenance documentation
• Ability to work on own initiative, keep to a budget, lead and manage others, learn and adapt to changing situations.
• Self motivation and ability to work independently
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work under pressure, whilst ensuring deadlines are met without compromising quality
Qualifications & Experience
• Relevant HNC / HND or 2:1 / 1:1 Bachelor Degree (or equivalent qualification), with significant demonstrable experience working in a similar role.
• Previous experience of managing a contract to the minimum value of at least £1m is essential.
Send a covering letter & up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org