Salary: £32,029 per annum
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Adult Services for a Senior Development and Implementation Officer to join the development and implementation team. The development and implementation team is a busy team which covers all aspects of project management, practice support, research and analysis related to adult social care. The team work closely with the care management teams and wider multi agency partners to meet the needs of the service.
Senior Development and Implementation Officers operate generically in response to some areas of work, but also carry specific areas of responsibilities. You can expect a fast paced working environment, new and exciting challenges, leading to innovative and sustainable solutions. This position offers a chance to grow and excel within a Council that offers quality training, mobile working, outstanding support, a competitive salary and a range of career development opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a career minded professional to take a proactive role in shaping services, developing the workforce and further enhancing their skills, within a local authority that performs well and is highly regarded.
Effective working relationships with relevant partners are critical to the successful integration of the workforce and service delivery and the role is pivotal in supporting the changes that are required in line with the corporate and national strategic direction in adult social care.
The successful candidate will have a thorough and detailed knowledge of all relevant legislation supporting the assessment and delivery of adult social care services to vulnerable adults and will have experience of applying project management principles in order to achieve all of the project aims and objectives.
Please note that email is the Council's preferred and most cost effective method of communication and will be used wherever possible at all stages of the recruitment process up to and including contract issue. Therefore, please ensure you supply a valid email address, notify us of any changes to your email address and check it regularly for any communication regarding vacancies you have applied for. Please check your spam or junk mail folders regularly to ensure our emails are reaching your inbox.
1. Support with updating and developing policies, strategies and procedures to reflect changes to
legislation and national policy.
2. Work with colleagues to ensure information submitted for key national performance frameworks is
being correctly interpreted and reflects actual performance within team.
3. Ensure effective communication with training, operational managers and wider staffing group to
support implementation of new guidance, initiatives etc.
4. Undertake research and produce feasibility studies to support proposed changes to services and service
5. Provide project management support on key projects, developments and initiatives across the service.
6. Under direction lead on projects as identified by line manager ensuring aims and objectives are being
met and are effectively reviewed, updated and communicated through the adult services service plan.
7. Prepare AMT, DMT and other corporate reports in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Provide information as required in order to respond to requests Freedom of Information Requests, Subject Access Reviews, Elected Members, Senior Managers etc, in a timely and accurate manner.
9. Work in partnership with agencies, service users, carers and other key stakeholders to support managers
in the production of new strategies in order to meet the needs of the most vulnerable adults and carers
in the East Riding.
10. Undertake horizon scanning to enable the production of the monthly scanning document highlighting
key initiatives, best practice and key events/conferences that require attendance.
11. To deputise for the ASC Development & Implementation Leads as and when required.
12.To represent the Council at a regional and national level at key network meetings, conferences etc.
13. Deliver presentations and attend key meetings as and when required.
14. Any duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of the post
Closing date: 16th August 2020
Interview date: To be arranged