Closing Date: Monday, 26 July 2021
School: Hull Collegiate School
Job Title: Senior School Admin Assistant
Hours: 08:30-16:30 Monday to Friday, full time all-year round. 30 min lunch break.
Support staff pay structure: UL Support G4, Administration and Business Management Band 1
Reports to: Business Manager/Admin Lead
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Key member of the administration team to provide support as necessitated by the needs of the School.
• First point of call for the pupils signing in/delivery reception
• Handling of incoming and outgoing calls, emails and texts
• Preparing/sending letters for staff – e-mailing and texting via PS Connect
• Senior school collation and inputting blanket consent form on iSAMS for trips
• Administrative support to the Head of Music/Peri teachers including updating registers and timetables, sending letters and termly billing
• Administrative support and diary bookings for the Head of Year 7 (for external Year 6 entry)
• Managing the school room booking system/sysaid
• Update pupil information in iSAMS
• Prepare documents for archiving via Storetec scanning and extracting documents from Storetec
• Setting up pastoral parents’ evening for the Senior School for Years 7 and 8 only
• Inputting lunchtime detentions onto iSAMS
• Inputting items onto Parentmail bus passes/tickets and music bills
• Senior School attendance report for HoY, DfE and UL
• Completion of the registers both morning and afternoon and noting pupils forthcoming absences from school
• Handling of external and internal post
• Management of the enquiries email
• Cover main reception and Prep reception when needed (cover during the holidays)
• Management and inputting of exam entries for music exam boards (Trinity, ABSRM and Rockschool)
• Updating and inputting dietary requirements and medical information onto iSAMS
• Any other duties by agreement with the Admin Team Leader and Business Manager
• To promote the policies and ethos of the School
• Any other duties required, commensurate with the responsibility and level of this post.
INDICATIVE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience of working in an education environment
• Experience of completing attendance/registers
• A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Excellent organisation, time management, communication and team-working skills.
• The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
• A pro-active nature and the ability to work on own initiative is a necessity.
• Comprehensive administration skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
• The ability to work confidentially and with discretion.