Salary: £38,000 to £45,000 plus bonus (0-20% of salary based on company & individual performance). Package dependent upon experience
Closing Date: Monday, 31 July 2017
Role: HSEQ & Compliance Manager (Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality)
Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (37.5 per week)
Package: £38,000 to £45,000 plus bonus, package dependent upon experience.
About our company
Established in 1876, we deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, we work in respectful partnership with our clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a ‘Sunday Times Best Company to Work For’ business, we continually strive to be a great place to work so that we can be a great company to deal. Committed to our region, we aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
For more information, visit www.sewell-group.co.uk
Reporting into Director level, the HSEQ & Compliance Manager will be based from our Head Offices in East Hull, and will provide an overall compliance and HSEQ service, initially to the Construction business, expanding to encompass other Sewell divisions; including but not limited to data and systems compliance, quality review, planning, auditing, improvement and liaison.
Working as part of our wider business teams, the HSEQ & Compliance Manager will play a key role in supporting the successful delivery of Sewell sites, schemes and initiatives for the future.
Role and Responsibilities
• Management, including maintenance, review and updates, of our ISO accreditations at 2015 standards (9001, 14001, 18001)
o Review documents and ensure compliance for the team, sites and business.
o Review content, formatting and branding of documentation to meet internal and external requirements.
o Refresh context and content of documents, make more engaging and user friendly.
o Develop quality policies and procedures.
o Amend and update systems and documentation in line with ISO & legal changes
o Meet with External assessor(s) and facilitate audits.
• Manage our internal Construction Excellence delivery system to ensure consistency with ISO standards.
• Carry out or coordinate regular audits of our systems and Identify risk, areas for improvement and cost savings.
• Recommend, develop and monitor Corrective Actions in line with audit findings etc.
• Manage our Supply Chain compliance data base.
• Manage operational targets.
• Supporting and advising the wider business on the storage and use of system related data and information, including audit and review, cyber security and risk
• Provide HSEQ support to all areas of the business, including advise and review of operational and maintenance manuals and external document storage system data and contents
Key skills and attributes
As well as exhibiting our company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following essential skills:
• Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK.
• Be qualified as an Auditor, or Lead Auditor.
• Previous experience within a similar role.
• Have a proven track record, and be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in HSEQ Management, preferably in Construction or Civil Engineering.
• Have excellent working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice.
• Strong knowledge of ISO accreditations (specifically 9001, 14001, 18001).
• Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close knit team.
• Excellent levels of computer literacy, and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Have a proactive attitude towards delivering works to a world-class standard.
• Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients & subcontractors.
• Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks.
• Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression.
• Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required).
Alongside the above, further desirable attributes are:
• Be degree qualified or equivalent in related discipline to this role, preferably Construction and/or Health & Safety.
• NEBOSH Certificates: General Certificate (diploma preferred), Construction Certificate and/or Environmental Certificate
• Previous experience within Facilities Management and/or Retail sectors at a technical level
• Previous experience in systems management and implementation (software and hardware)
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.