Salary: Competitive package dependent upon experience
Closing Date: Friday, 27 April 2018
Role: Project Manager
Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
Package: Competitive package dependent upon experience
About our company
Established in 1876, we deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, we work in respectful partnership with our clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a ‘Sunday Times Best Company to Work For’ business, we continually strive to be a great place to work so that we can be a great company to deal. Committed to our region, we aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of any given project to client satisfaction and in accordance with Sewell policies, procedures and cultural approach, known as Construction Excellence.
The role responsibilities are split into the cultural requirements known as “Software” and technical and procedural requirements known as “Hardware”.
Skills & Attributes
As well as exhibiting our company behaviours of being Positive, Professional, Customer Focused, a Team Player and Doing the Right Thing, the successful person will have the following:
• Hold a full driving licence, valid in the UK.
• Qualified at HNC level or above and hold a valid 5-day CITB SMSTS Certificate
• A proven track record in controlling and managing large scale construction projects including the management and coordination of subcontractors
• Experience in leadership and be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities
• Previous experience working with programming and web-based document storage software
• A positive and professional attitude.
• Ability to work using own initiative but also as part of a close knit team.
• Excellent levels of computer literacy, and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Have a proactive attitude towards delivering construction works to a world-class standard.
• Hold excellent communications skills and the ability to liaise with senior clients & subcontractors.
• Possess good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise a variety of tasks.
• Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression.
• Have a flexible outlook towards hours worked (some out of hours working may be required).
• Have working knowledge of current Health and Safety practice.
• Previous knowledge working with both public and private sector clients
• Hold or be working towards a professional qualification relevant to the role
• Previous experience and/or training on BIM (Building Information Modelling)
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.