Limited capacity, to secure your place, please book by 12th November on this fully-funded workshop programme
Major flood events are becoming more frequent due to climate change. We can never eliminate the risk of flooding entirely, but it is possible to reduce the risk of water getting in to a home or business and reduce its impact if it does get in. The various measures that you can take to do this are called Property Flood Resilience.
Property Flood Resilience (PFR) is something every business with a premises needs to be aware of and it offers a growth opportunity for all kinds of construction and manufacturing businesses to help protect new and existing properties. In the Humber Region alone, 32,500 businesses and 197,000 residential properties are at risk of flooding. Across the UK, Aviva estimates that 1 in 5 properties are at risk of flooding.
To help raise awareness of the importance of PFR and to help businesses capitalise on opportunities offered by the growing PFR market, we’re offering fully-funded places on our lively, interactive workshop programme.
When and Where?
You’ll hear from a wide range of industry experts in online sessions, every Tuesday 9.30am – 12.30pm
Introduction/Flood Science – Tues 7th Dec
- Dr Elena Kuvshinova, Technology Research Manager, Flood Innovation Centre
- Cecilia de Ita Velez, Researcher, Flood Innovation Centre
- Paul Andrews, Smith and Nephew
Assessment Risk – Tues 14th Dec
- Chris Hall, Head of Marketing at Flood Flash
- Dr Kate Smith, Researcher, Flood Innovation Centre
New Technologies – Tues 4th Jan
- Martin Dolan, Aquobex
- Neil Fisher, M3FloodTec
Best Practice – Tues 11th Jan
- Mary Dhonau, Floodmobile
- Alan Ryan, Oxcam
Testing and Accreditation – Tues 18th Jan
- Vikki McCausland, Environment Agency
- Darren Eckford, CIWEM
- Peter Marchant, M3FloodTec
Insurance industry, Local Authorities, the Environment Agency and the Chartered Institute of Water & Environmental Management (CIWEM), as well as specialist manufacturers at the forefront of flood resilient products for buildings. Networking opportunities are built into the course to ensure you receive the maximum benefit from attending.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of growth opportunities in the PFR market and how your business can tap into rising demand
- Get insight into specific PFR challenges and consumer demand for PFR contractors across the region
- Meet leading manufacturers of flood resilience products, academics and local authority members to build your industry contacts
- Share your thoughts and ideas with industry peers and specialists through networking and panel-discussion activities
- Discover what support is available to help businesses innovate and thrive in the PFR sector
Who should attend?
- Civil engineers
- Community interest companies
- Flood risk managers
- Insurance professionals
- Health and safety consultants
- Manufacturers of doors, kitchens, windows
- Tradespeople, inc plasterers, roofers, joiners etc
- And businesses with a general interest.